Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's Been Two Years to the Day

I still enjoy the sound of cicadas chirping in the trees in the heat of the afternoon sun. The greenness of the towering mountains peeking between high rise apartments. The smell of the briskly moving mountain stream after a night of heavy rainfall. The sights and sounds of fighter jets flying agilely in formation overhead. The sound of the pattering rain and happy croaking frogs. The smell of the sun dried vegetation after a long rain. The thick smothering humidity of the air in the lungs, coating my body.

This is summer in Daegu.

And as I write this, the sunny day seems cooler than usual. Fall will soon be here. Enjoy it while you can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 years, wow!! I can't believe it has been that long!! About time to come home then I suppose :-)

Jo

Fanta said...

That's awesome, what an incredible two years you've had. How many people can say they've gotten to experience all this?