Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mui Ne and A Bunch of Sand Dunes











Four days of pure heaven elapsed in a blink of an eye and it was time for us to move on. Next destination was the small town of Mui Ne.
Mui Ne is know for its chill atmosphere and its wondrous sand dunes. We took the opportunity to arrange a motorcycle tour from "Bi" Hoang Quoc Phung, a recommendation from our friend we taught with in Korea, Jaclyn. He was the shit, if you are in Mui Ne give him a call (091 957 2477).
'Bi' and his friend drove us all around on the back of their motorcycles. First we checked out the small fishing village and some windy beaches. Then we hit up more sand dunes than anyone could possibly want to see.
As we walked across them, we could swear that we were walking in the middle of a dessert. White sand dunes, Red sand dunes, Yellow sand dunes, so many sandy sand dunes!
It was a lot of fun but at the end of the day we were ready to not see a sand dune for the rest of our lives!

3 comments:

Fanta said...

I love the hats he he... WOW did you ever get some great shots!! :)

Matt said...

Fanta,

We're wondering if Jin Pyo came to Regina yet?

Thanks for your ongoing support and interst... it's almost like your traveling with us!

Matthew and Alissa

Fanta said...

Min pyo? BAH! I spent over $700 on Maggie in vet bills right before Christmas and said I couldn't just straight out buy him a ticket here. The last email I explained this and asked if he could just pitch in something to help me out... he never wrote back! lol Oh well, the most important part was being in Korea, I had such an amazing time thanks to you guys! :)

Oh and I WISH I WAS TRAVELLING WITH YOU GUYS!!! I'll have my day of travelling yet. Thanks for sharing!!!