Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our Bangkok City Bus Goes Up In Smoke


We were told that the city buses in Bangkok were great for getting around. After our experience, we wouldn't really recommend it...

On our hour long city bus journey to a Bangkok water park, we could smell something not right, something burning. At first we disregarded it, and figured that the buses in Bangkok must be very old and a bit undermaintained. Aways, the locals seemed to be able to ignore it, so we also tried. About 40 minutes into our trip things started to get worse. The bus ticket taker gave us the heads up and told us to go near the rear exit where the fumes weren't as strong. God bless her.

So we got up and stood by the exit, by this time the other passengers started to share uneasy glances and some used their scarfs or jackets to cover their mouths. When we got to the exit a well-to-do, nicely dressed business man told us very bluntly, “This bus is NOT SAFE. Get off now!”

Just as the last word left that man's lips, the whole front of the bus was engulfed in an unhealthy looking black smoke. We got the hell out of there in a hurry. Looking back we can't help but laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the sort of guy who loves to taste hot things. Right now I'm manufacturing my private pv panels. I'm managing it all by myself without the help of my men. I am utilizing the net as the only path to acheive that. I discovered a truly amazing site which explains how to contruct solar panels and wind generators. The internet site explains all the steps involved in solar panel construction.

I am not really sure about how precise the information given there iz. If some experts over here who have experience with these things can have a look and give your feedback in the thread it will be awesome and I would highly value it, cause I extremely enjoy solar panel construction.

Tnx for reading this. You people are great.