Saturday, September 23, 2006

Happy Birthday Garret!!!

I dedicate this blog to my brother; it's his birthday on Sept 22.

This week in one of my classes, one of the assignments was talking about family members. The assignment was that you had to draw a family tree of all immediate family members. They did not understand so I drew my family tree on the board (yes I included Ginger and Bief too). All the students were suprised that I had 2 dogs back home. They were also suprised that I had another sibling back in Canada. They asked "What name?" I replied "Garret"... and wrote it on the board.... immediately the whole class broke out in uncontrollable laughter.... I asked "why are you laughing" and they said the name is "so funny"... Next they asked "A boy or a girl?" .... At this point I was laughing.... so I took a poll. I asked "who things Garret is a girls name?"..... they all raised their hands... I asked the class "why".... they replied "It's a girl".... "that's why"... I said "No it's a boys name"..... once again the class interrupted with uncontrolled laughter. When they calmed down the girls in the class asked "is he handsome".... I replied "he's my brother... we come from the same mom and dad!".... the girls continued to drill questions about your looks ... "What color eyes?, "How tall?", "Skinny or Fat".... to this question I replied and gestured ... "Muscles!".... the girls replied "Korea thinks muscles are ugly!"

Sorry Garret.... I guess you just ain't the King of Korea... better stick to manwhoreing in Canada little brother... anyways have a happy birthday!!!

1 comment:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

hahahahahahahahahahaha! ahahahaa!
funniest post ever! how old are these kids that were asking this?

have you eaten anything crazy yet? (aka, dog, cat, rat, human).

Jo