Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Four Days In Vancouver: Ed & Isla May's 50th Wedding Anniversary



The true reason why we came down.

We celebrated on Saturday night with gluttonous amounts of freshly prepared sushi platters followed by a table spread by Memphis Blues Barbeque House link with much more meat than manageable.

There was the dessert table, and, just when we thought we couldn't stuff ourselves anymore, came two cakes!

In a conversation with Great Uncle Ed he recounted his first encounter with Isla May...

I went to a party in my sharp car and navy hair cut. When I got there I saw this beautiful blond on the other side of the room. I asked my friend if she came with anybody and he said she was single.

So I started a conversation and realized that she was interested in all the same things I was. She even loved the B.C. Lions! Before I met her I didn't think girls were into sports. It was love at first sight!

No comments: